Sunday, January 31, 2010

31 January 2010; Willpower Wilts and late Breakfast Prevails.











I am writing this on Sunday 31 January.
As I came close to waking, around 06.45, I could hear through a fug of fatigue Susan preparing unusually early B&B breakfasts. I lay and thought about the ride to come; 55 miles of Suffolk Punch route, (we were to do a try-out) plus around 15 miles of riding in and back; total of 70 miles; I considered my fatigue-for-no-reason; I closed my eyes again.

Half an hour later. Wake with a jolt of panic, then remember the above and stumble through to the kitchen and announce temporary loss of moral fibre, and decision to not go on club run.

Several hours later. Murray has lost, (the tie-break seemed never-ending) the sun has been out for simply ages, and from the late breakfast table (two griddled eggs on a rasher of bacon atop a thick piece of toasted home-baked bread, with just a splash of maple syrup and lots of freshly ground black pepper) I look out to the A1088 and see Stowmarket Club Run whoosh past heading South at speed and in what appeared to be close formation. A long while later, some other riders flew past headed North, with rough shouts and waves (or were they gestures?) - could they have been Espressos? (yes they were, see Justin's Blog)

Only one thing to do to save the day - catch up on a spot of Blogging before lunch. SJH

2 comments:

  1. fair play to you - I decided not to chance the ice on the clubrun either; and instead substituted a couple of hours greenlane-ing on the cross bike at a more reasonable hour; enjoy that breakfast

    ReplyDelete